Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Customer Question

Good day, Since around 3 months from now, every single day if not most days, usually after I cough regularly for nothing, I get this unusual taste which overtakes and overrides my whole senses from smelling the same smell, to when I taste to eat food, It doesnt smell right. The only way it goes away, is after I go to sleep and wake up. I went to my doctor, and he just told me to use nasal spray and it would go away... Well I knew better than that, this is nothing to play around with.
I still dont know what it is and its driving me insane, as I cant enjoy a drink or food, or even smell anything normally.
PS. the smell is always the same, and It's a very strong smell.
I would love a response. Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--there may be two things going on here--a sinus infection with post nasal drip and gastric reflux. It would seem that you're being treated for allergic rhinitis but that wouldn't be appropriate and you need antibiotics and a PPI like Nexium. I suggest you revisit your doctor and have him treat you for the real problem here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--can I ask what was the problem you had with my answer? Did I not cover it all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was good i just didnt want to pay

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.

Well, that's up to you but we experts are here to work for and with you with the expectation that you will compensate us for the work done and the time spent. This really isn't designed as a free service but if you don't give my answer a good rating, at least I hope the information I gave you was useful.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the bad service report even though you said my answer was good--you could just have asked customer service for a refund rather than penalizing me.