Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

can I get a full report from a hospital for a person who is

Customer Question

can I get a full report from a hospital for a person who is no longer there.I want to know exactly what was done to my relative while in the hospital. How would I do this?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.
The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Thanks for your question.
As per the current laws, you cannot get your relatives's hospital record without his/her consent.
That means your relative needs to contact the hospital and authorize the release of his medical information to you.
Then only, the hospital will give you the records.
This is not difficult but proper procedure needs to be followed.

Best wishes,

Please rate Good or Excellent Service, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the relative I referred to is deceased however I did have power of attorney is there some way I can get this information.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.
If you have power of attorney, then you should be able to get the records by giving them the copy of the power of attorney.
Best wishes,