Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Dear Doctors, My 70 year old uncle has been sick for 3 days.

Dear Doctors,
My 70 year old uncle has been sick for 3 days. He says he's coughing up green and black mucus, he has the sweats and nausea. also he has chest pains when he coughs. please help. he recently traveled back from Arkansas.

His symptoms are suggestive of pneumonia. He should consult a doctor. He needs a chest x-ray. He may need antibiotics for the treatment.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Doctor! He also says that the mucus taste really bad. he wants to wait to see how he feels tomorrow. do u feel he should see a doctor immediately regarding the pneumonia?

You are very welcome, Keisha,

He should consult a doctor today. A delay in antibiotic in pneumonia may prolong his recovery.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun