Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

hi, i had a full hysterectomy 4yrs agobecause of a dermoid

Customer Question

hi, i had a full hysterectomy 4yrs agobecause of a dermoid cyst that drs did not notice for 8yrs,,,,,,,,,, they also said i had 2 cysts on each kidney but will not give me any trouble ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i also had a fluid cyst of 7oz drained ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i dont know the reason why but i have to take 50g of antibiotics for the rest of my life ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i have had ctscans done and an mri ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the results so far for the mri scan has not came in yet but the ct scan showed a swollen bile duct but my dr said thats ok and just ignore it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, my problem is i have on going UTIs and kidney infections and the dr just keeps giving me more and more antibiotics ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when i pass urine it feels like string pulling through my uretha ,,,,,,,,,,,, and then it feels like total pressure on my bladder after i have passed urine ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, please help i dont no what to do ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, regards XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 years ago.
Greetings Isabella.

I am sorry about your persistent and prolonged symptoms.

Was the fluid cyst which was drained situated on kidney?
Did you consult a urologist?
What did your urine culture test show?
Were investigations like uroflometry, urodynamic study done?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the fluid cyst was pressing on the kidney,,,,,,,,,,,i have been seeing a urologist for the past 4 yr.............................when i had the hysterectomy and dermoid cyst removed the dr, said the cyst had been growing for 8 yr and because it was very large it had pushed my kidneys up and after it was removed they said that my kidneys would drop back into place,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when they do urine test on me it shows blood in the urine in most results,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i dont think i have had uroflometry,,, urodynamic study done as i have never heard of these words before,,,,,,,,,,,,,, regards isabella

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i should have mentioned that i have a pain under my right breast on ( above my ribs ).............regards isabella

Hello Isabella,

I am sorry for delay in answering. I apologize for your wait.

A swollen bile duct if is more than the size of 10 mm would require following investigations (if not done);

1) Liver function tests
2) HIDA scan; for gall bladder functions.
3) MRCP; for sphincter of Oddi dysfunction.

For your urinary symptoms, following investigations are necessary;

1) Urine culture for the mycobacterial organisms.; if there is an infection by mycobacterium, the treatment is different drugs than the routine antibiotics.
2) Uroflometry; this tells about the rate of urine flow, bladder capacity, urethra narrowing etc.
3) Video urodynamics; it tells about the bladder muscle and sphincter functions and their nerves.

All these test would be able to pin point the cause and thus the guideline for the treatment.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.