Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I just noticed the dryer tube had come lose and Im not sure

I just noticed the dryer tube had come lose and I'm not sure how long it had been that way. Should I be worried about carbon monoxide positioning and if so, how do I know if I might have that? Thanks

Greetings Chris.

Do you have any symptoms, like dizziness or shortness or breath or blue color in hands?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hmm pf those i think only a little dizzyness that may be real or imagined. Ive shut off the dryer for now and opened windows. would the symptoma get worse over time now that i have shut off the dryer?

Hello Chris,

No, the symptoms are not going to worsen. As a matter of fact, your dizziness is likely due to anxiety. The Dryer is unlikely to generate carbon monoxide enough to cause any problem. I would not be worried.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How would it be treated? In the ER?
Hello Chris,

The carbon oxide poisoning if occurs, it cause blueness in tongue or hands. Even that get reverted easily by exposure to the normal environment. Only people who get unconscious would need treatment at ER.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just curious, not for my case, how would the ER handle it?

At ER, they give 100% oxygen, which removes the carbon monoxide from the blood.