Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

hOW TO GET RID OF BIRD MITES ON YOU AND IN YOUR HOUSE. tHEY

Customer Question

hOW TO GET RID OF BIRD MITES ON YOU AND IN YOUR HOUSE. tHEY APPEAR ON UR SKIN AS TINY BLACK SPEC AS U GO TO GRAB THEM THEY BURROW. U FEEL BITING AND CRAWLING ON FACE NOSE MOUTH AND ALL OVER MOSTLY LEGS AND FACE. WHEN U PICK THEM WITH TWEEZERS OR SEWING NEEDLE THEY RIP UR SKIN FROM THEY ARE ATTACHED AT ENDS AND THE SPOT BLEEDS HEAVILY FOR A SMALL SPOT AND IT LEAVES A DARK MOSTLY GRAYISN RED SCAR WITH DRY LOOKING SKIN ON IT SO ON THEIR NRXT STAGE OF LIFE THE CAN CRAWL OUT THROUGH THE DRY PATCH LIKE 7 DAYS AFTER BURROWING. SOME ARE INVISIBLE TO EYE JUST FEEL CRAWLING & ITCHING. WEVE BEEN TO DOCTORS THEY GAVE PERMETHRINE CREAM THAT DIDNT WORK. MY HUSBAND SAYS THEYRE INSIDE HIM VIA NOSE ETC CUZ HES SEEING DARKISH SLIMY/STICKY THICKISH WORM LIKE CREATURES IN HIS POOP & WHEN HE WIPES ITS SLIMY DARKISH LOOSE THICKISH STUFF THIS IS WITH HARD FORMED FECES DAILY NEVER LOOSE BOWEL MOVMENT. NEVER WAS THERE BEFORE WE GOT A BIRDS NEST BESIDE WINDOW AC UNIT THAT HAD TINY CRAWLING DARK SPECS ON TOP OF UNIT INSIDE MY HOME. WHEN WE SPRAYED WITH BLEECH THEY BLEW ALL OVER HIS FACE. FROM AC AIR. AC UNIT IS PLASTIC UP BUT ALMOS 1 1/2 YRS WE STILL R BEING ATTACKED AND DROVE NUTS. WHEN HES AROUND CO WORKERS HE SAYS THEY START RUBBING/ITCHING FACE. INTERNET SAYS THEYR MOST ACTIVE AROUND 3-5 AM AND HE WORKS 3RD SHIFT. MY BODY LOOKS LIKE A LEOPARD FROM SCARS ITS EMBERESSING PLUS I HAVE AN 8 YR OLD THAT CONSTANTLY SCRATCHES HIS SHOULDERS AND LEGS AND HAS LOTS OF FRECKLE LOOKING BLIMISHES POPPING UP ON CHEEKS EARS ARMS ETC AND WE HARDLY ARE IN SUN MAYBE 2O MINUTES TOTAL EVERY WEEK OR SO. i NEED FIX I CAN DO MY SELF AT HOME. PLEASE AT TIMES U DONT EVEN WANT TO WAKE UP & WHAT R THEY DOING TO OUR BODYS (KILLING US)THROUGH OUR LUNGS WHERE THEY HIBERNATE AND REPRODUCE.
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 4 years ago.
It really depends on what kind of birds you have nesting. Birds can carry over 60 types of diseases and parasites. I assume that you have cleared the area of the bird nest already... It is quite possible that the itching is caused by bird mites but there are other things that birds can carry including bed bugs, etc. It is concerning that the nest is in such close proximity to the air conditioner and as such salmonellosis is a big concern and could be the cause of the breathing disorder your husband is experiencing. The "worms" in the stool would not be caused by either of these disease processes. However, birds do carry worms that can infect a human host. You need to do a follow-up with your regular doctor and tell them everything you did here and they can check for parasites, etc and prescribe what will best cure that particular parasite as each one needs a little different treatment. Permethrin is great for mites, fleas, etc but may not be the right choice depending on what type of infestation you have.
Expert:  Chris C. replied 4 years ago.
Do you need further information?
Expert:  Chris C. replied 3 years ago.
Is there something further I can assist you with. Keep in mind low ratings hurt experts.