Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Dear doctor, Im a 56 years old and have had itchy rashes on

Dear doctor, I'm a 56 years old and have had itchy rashes on my skin for 2-3 years. These rashes come and go occasionally but it has gotten worse lately. They appear at the same spots on my forehead and some are like small bumps while others are rash-like with white spots on them (they're pimple-like). Sometimes the skin above my right eye gets swollen too. The itchy bumps/rashes also appear on my hands occasionally.

I have pictures of these rashes if you would like to see.

I'm a night shift worker. I don't take any medicines besides sleep pills. I don't drink or smoke. I do regular exercise, eat well and not overweight. My husband is a smoker.

Thank you so much!
You can either post the picture here on this page or at ImageShack, PhotoBucket, or SnapFish and give me the link, but has a doctor never evaluated this before?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much for the fast answer!
I have been to the doctor twice but they say it's probably the hair colour. I would like to take a blood test but the doctors here in Sweden are not so generous with their tests...

The picture:

As in hair dye that you use? If so, does it resolve if you don't use the dye?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, exactly. No, unfortunately it doesn't. The rashes and bumps are still coming.

And have the doctors offered any treatment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, unfortunately not.

OK. This looks like a case of seborrhea or perhaps psoriasis. You could try a combination of cortisone cream and an antihistamine like benadryl yourself, but I would suggest you see a dermatologist about this. There would be no need for a blood test