Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

Its very painful for me when I swallow, I dont really see

It's very painful for me when I swallow, I don't really see and swelling in my mouth or anything but I had a fever as well and a headache, now its just hard to swallow only I kinda feel a pain at my neck when I move it, is there any treatments that work effectively? I took an Acetminophine at 6am and I just took a 2 aleves at 12:30 pm and it's 12:45 right now and I'm going to take a Medicycline 250mg will that cause an overdoes? Because I'm scared. I'm 17 By the way.

Hello.

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Since how long do you have this problem?

Heart burn?

Vomiting?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No heartburn or vomiting and the pain became noticeable early this morning around 3am

Thank you very much.

There are few important reasons for this kind of pain.

First, this can be due to inflammation of the pharynx as a result of allergies.

Secondly, an infection involving the mucosa of the pharynx can also give you similar sensations.

Finally, Gastroesophageal Reflux, when become very severe, can lead to spilling of stomach secretion in to the throat, often at night when one is sleeping and not aware of this. These secretions damage the mucosa of the throat and hence you can get similar feelings especially difficulty in swallowing.

Right now following measures will be helpful for you;

Avoid large fatty and spicy meals

Small frequent meals, soft diet will help

Avoid smoking/alcohol

Plenty of luke warm liquids like green tea, coffee, soups, honey water will help

Avoid lying flat immediately after the meals

If this persists, does not improve or get worse, see you doctor for a clinical examination and necessary tests to chalk out further management plan.

I would have been worried too if i were at your place but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carry a good prognosis with appropriate management.

Stay relaxed.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will

appreciate 4/5 Star Rating (Good/Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the

only way i get credit for my time & expertise. Do not hesitate to ask any follow up

questions or clarifications any time.