Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

RA-mab

Customer Question

I was on Amoxicillin for sinus infection a couple of weeks ago and seems to have gotten better but I think it has come back again. I have a 10 days supply of 300 mg cefdinir that won't expire till next year. Will it be alright to start talking this antibiotic since I cannot get hold of my physician cause it's weekend.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
Before I answer can you tell me what your symptoms are now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

headache, frontal sinus, stuffy nose and ear pressure.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 4 years ago.
OK. The reason I asked is because those symptoms don't necessarily mean there's a sinus infection and, even if there were, oftentimes it resolves on it's own without antibiotics. That said, the cefdinir would be a reasonable choice for treating a sinus infection if taken twice a day. Since I am not your doctor, I can't tell you to take it myself. My suggestion would be rather to wait until Monday and contact your doctor to see if he agrees that you can take the cefdinir