Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

I have been on the depot provera shot for over 15 years, but

Customer Question

I have been on the depot provera shot for over 15 years, but for the last 5 days I have been experiencing cramps in my abdomin that I don't normally have. These cramps have been painful enough to put me in bed several times. What should I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 3 years ago.

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

Can you describe the pain in more detail, where exactly do you feel pain?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it's a sharp, dull pain in my abdomin. It only lasts for about 5 to 10 mins. It doesn't happen continuously, I'll be fine for a couple of hours and then one just hits me. I have every once in awhile passed like a membrane and was wondering if my body is just trying to pass something. I have been on the depot for so long and rarely have cramps that last more than a day and no spotting or bleeding.

Well, this pain may not be related to the depot provera as the pain is unusual in character.

For the time being, you need to take advil daily.

But I would like you to see an obs and gynae doctor and get clinically examined.

I would also suggest you get an ultrasound of the uterus and ovaries to see if there are any reasons for the unusual pain.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

If you are not finished or if you are not satisfied, please use REPLY TO EXPERT (not poor/bad rating- that hurts the expert helping you).