Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

I eat a cinnamon piece at 7 pm...was soft but I feel burn on

I eat a cinnamon piece at 7 pm...was soft but I feel burn on the troath...I need know if I'm not in danger...the cinnamon going to be digested or I have to go to the hospital

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Is it only the burning sensation in throat which is worrying you?

Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i feel the piece of cinnamon in my stomach i think or may be it's before the stomack but i feel not pain is just unconfortable sensation

Thank you.

Well, if its in your stomach it will be digested.

However, it can cause complications if it is stuck in the esophagus (the muscular tube which brings food from mouth to stomach).

The major symptom when a food particle is stuck in the esophagus is dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing).

If you can drink, eat with out getting pain in the chest, then it is clear---no further worries.

However, if there is discomfort associated with swallowing, see your doctor for further evaluation, preferably in ER. An endoscopy can be performed in this situation to remove the obstructed particle.

I would have been worried too if i were at your place but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carry a good prognosis with appropriate management.

Stay relaxed.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will

appreciate 4/5 Star Rating (Good/Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the

only way i get credit for my time & expertise. Do not hesitate to ask any follow up

questions or clarifications any time.