Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

hello... i have a question about my ear. my left outer ear

hello... i have a question about my ear. my left outer ear is numb. i woke up this morning with it and still have it. i think I slept wrong in it. will this get better by itself ?

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Do you have numbness elsewhere in the body?

Weakness of any limb?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello dr. sohaib, my vision is good and have no weakness of any limb. my numbness is only to my left ear

Thank you.

Well, in the absence of any other neurological deficit in the body or weakness, this seems to be related to abnormal posture/pressure effect over the ear and most likely, will resolve soon, with in few days.

This usually occurs due to abnormal and prolonged pressure over the nerves (leading to nerve injury which is reversible most of the times).

However, if this persist, does not improve or gets worse, see your doctor for evaluation.

You can also take B-12 supplement for few days as this helps in the recovery of an injured nerve.

I would have been worried too if i were at your place but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carry a good prognosis with appropriate management.

Stay relaxed.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will

appreciate 4/5 Star Rating (Good/Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the

only way i get credit for my time & expertise. Do not hesitate to ask any follow up

questions or clarifications any time.