Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

I am a 21 year old male, I have a serious rash that itches

Customer Question

I am a 21 year old male, I have a serious rash that itches very badly on and around my genital area, there a some tiny bumps on the penis as well. Can you tell me what I could do for some relief until I can get to a doctor, but being that I have no insurance and no job at the present I am just not sure what to do. What is your professional opinion?
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 3 years ago.
Since when are you having this problem?have you used any medicines /OTC products for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The itching has been going on for approximately 2 months and getting worse day by day and the bumps have been there a pretty long time but never really bothered me before. I do have athletes foot pretty severely and was wondering if maybe it could be related somehow by maybe after scratching on my bare feet and then touching my gential area , for example like just readjusting my scrotum or maybe when I go pee and have to touch the area?

You appear to behaving a fungal rash which should respond to local antifungal creams like Clotrimazole(Lotrimin,Canasten)/Terbinafine(Lamisil)applied locally.Keeping the area dry will help.Oral antifungal drugs like Fluconazole(Diflucan) or Sporanox(available on prescription only) will be effective for both the groin rash and the Athlete's Foot.The local antifungal creams should ideally be used for at least 2-3 weeks after the symptoms have been cleared to prevent reinfection.The small bumps on the penis would possibly be folliculitis or warts.