Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK

My 8 mo.started with common cold Nov 11.my 8 yo daugter had

My 8 mo.started with common cold Nov 11.my 8 yo daugter had been sick for week with cold/flu..figured he got it from her...took him to urgent care runny nose cough once n while and could hear the congestion...received nothing. was told it needed to run its course on nov 18 took him back to.urgent care and he had double ear infec..was on amoxicilan for 10 days. Towrd the end of the antibitic he got much worse..all dwn in his chest..trouble sleeping and breathing at night throws up yel stuff...he is hoarse..irriable and cries on and off thru the night. Went back to my pediatrican on nov 27 and was give zithromeyicin (excuse spelling) for 4.days. It is now nov 30 and he is still not better horrible congestive.cough throws up yel mucous and have.trouble getting him to take a bottle.. Very irritable and cries on n off at night. Could he have RSv or pnemonia? Im very.worried shud I take him to er for chest xray rsv test. Help charlotte
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Nomi :

Dr. Nomi :

Sorry ,to find about bad health of little one.

Dr. Nomi :

Well,since he showed no improvement even after taking azithromycin for 3 days so he should go to ER.

Dr. Nomi :

Yes,he might be having pneumonia.

Dr. Nomi :

Also as you told he is taking nothing by mouth.

Dr. Nomi :

So again it is worrying condition.

Dr. Nomi :

Also not sleeping at night as he cannot breath properly.

Dr. Nomi :

Infection is extensive.

Dr. Nomi :

Are you okay/

Customer: Thank u so much I have made three trips to drs..and just didnt want to wait thru the weekend...he doesnt wheeze in the day but u can hear it in his chest. He had one bottle from 6am till 6pm but did eatlunch just hard for him to beathe and take botle with congestion
Dr. Nomi :

Are you giving any steam inhlation to him?

Dr. Nomi :

Try giving him steam.

Dr. Nomi :

Wheezing or crackles in chest of kids is alarming sign of increase in infection.

Dr. Nomi :

Nebulization or steam inhalation is must for his congestion.

Customer: what about rsv and shouldnt he b running a high fever with pnemom
Dr. Nomi :

RSV can cause troubled breathing,high fever,chest crackles ,worsening cough and dehydration.

Dr. Nomi :

But you know in even in RSV kids who have difficulty breathing and dehydration are admitted in hospital.

Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Medical Doctor,UK