Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

My right side shoulder blade has a little of a pulling pain

My right side shoulder blade has a little of a pulling pain especially when i wake up from a sitting or from a sleeping position. It does not really hurt if I am carrying things,or exercising,its just when i stand up from a sitting position. It s been about 4 weeks now,masssages bring temporary relief,but it comes back after a while. Pls advise.

Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Have you tried painkillers?
Do you work on computer for continuous long hours?
Do you have numbness in right arm?
Do you have pain in neck?

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no painkillers as the pain is not to the unbearable stage ,more like a pulling sensation.

Yes I do work on computers, but not continuosly,the most for about an hour.

No numbness in right arm

No pain in neck, and BP 130/80

Thanks for quick input.

This can be due to muscular pull or nerve compression. You should take adequate rest and stay away from lifting.
You can use heating pads or hot wet towels on affected areas. You can apply it for 15-20 minutes.

It is treated with- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
Also you can gently apply ace or other elastic bandage as it can provide both support and decrease swelling. You should avoid stretching or massaging.

Take bed rest and remain away from lifting any heavy objects.
Also physical therapist will help you. Physical therapy includes various modalities like - Short wave diathermy, Infra red , Wax therapy will help you.

Doctor will do some tests-
1.X-ray
2.Electrical studies such as the EMG (electromyogram).
Further treatment will done after tests. Firstly it is advised that you should take painkiller and use the tips as advised above.
In case the pain dose not resolve in 1 week, then please see your doctor and get it managed.

If you have any further query then please feel free to ask.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me –
I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Best wishes