Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

my dog is on soloxine .2mg once a day, down from twice a day,

my dog is on soloxine .2mg once a day, down from twice a day, for a month now. recently I got some scratches that have hives and are not healing. could this be a reaction to my touching my dog's thyroid meds, by putting it into his mouth, or from my touching my dog, thyroid meds oozing out his skin?
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Soloxine is a synthetic thyroid hormone. This medication should not cause you any irritation by handling it and giving it to your pet. If you were taking it, rash and itching could be a side effect but since you are not taking it, and just handling it or even touching your dog, you would not be affected by the medication.

Reply back if more info is needed.