Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I am wondering if I may have contracted the clap on a wednesday

I am wondering if I may have contracted the clap on a wednesday night, had no symptoms until Saturday, never had any discharge at all, and had sex with a person on Friday night...what are the odds that they have become infected?
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

What symptoms did you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On Saturday, I started having some itching and a little bit of soreness in my urethra....I didn't have any discharge or anything. I went to the clinic on Sunday and they gave me four pills to take all at once...Now I have no symptoms....

I'm just wondering if there is a period from the time a person my contract the disease, to the time that it becomes passed on during sex. IE...may have got it on wednesday, then had sex on friday before having any symptoms...what are the odds that i passed it on on Friday.

Yes, it does sound as though you could have passed it along.

It can only take 1 up to 14 days to come down with symptoms, so let's say you had sex with someone who had Gonorrhea on Wednesday, then you could have passed it along the next day. While we can't say 100%, we do know it's possible.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can excessive masterbation cause a UTI? I used a condom on Wednesday and it didn't break...I'm just trying to see if there may be any other explanation.

Hi there

Excessive masterbation won't cause an infection (UTI) but can cause irritation of the urethra...which will feel like possible burning or slight discomfort when you urinate. Also, the latex in the condom can be irritating to the urethra sometimes. So, yes, there are many scenarios. The clinic you went to should have done a swab of your urethra to check or STD's...if they didn't and only gave you pills to take, then there will not be a way to know for sure what transpired.