Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

I have anxiety and panic disorder i have been trying diff meds

I have anxiety and panic disorder i have been trying diff meds . however i almost always have chest pains and i cant sleep or eat. i get heart palpitations that wake me up multiple times a night and i have been vomiting from them. could it be something other than the panic disorder? :(

Dr. Nomi :

Dr. Nomi :

Most likely it is due to panic disorder and nothing else.

Dr. Nomi :

If you have mentioned that you have hypertension so I might have suspected some thing heart related.

Customer:

ok is it just finding the right meds for me then cuz this is turning into an all the time thing.

Dr. Nomi :

No, but it is just panic attack causing this considering whole situation.

Dr. Nomi :

Which meds you are on?

Customer:

i was on buspar then zoloft which seemed to make it much worse. i have lost over 10 puonds in two weeks from lack of sleep and eating

Dr. Nomi :

You can ask for Lorazepam .That will work better.Probably changing zoloft will work.

Customer:

i have the lorazepam and it does help but not with the heart waking me up. im waiting to hear from my doctor about trying maybe a diff med instrd of zoloft

Dr. Nomi :

Other options are flouxetine.However,you should also be prescribed inderal for palpitations.

Customer:

ok thank you so much

Dr. Nomi :

Welcome.