Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

I seem to have caught a bug of some type. My skin feels like

I seem to have caught a bug of some type. My skin feels like something is crawling. I have a deep productive cough with pain in the lungs.
Today some of the above symptoms have regressed but now there is a little nausea.
Is bed rest the best option?
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

You possibly have caught the flu, other viral upper respiratory infection or may even have walking pneumonia. Rest will certainly help as well as drinking plenty of fluids. If caught earlier enough, antivirals can be given for the flu but only in the first couple of days. The antivirals will help shorten the duration and severity.

For the possible upper respiratory infection, OTC products like Mucinex will help as soon as you can get some.

But for the possibility of pneumonia, antibiotics may be needed if that is what you have.

You can try the conservative approach and rest and see if you begin to feel better in a few days but if you begin to feel worse, I would highly recommend going to a walk in clinic or urgent care or even the ER for treatment.

Also, be careful not to spread this to others.

Don't hesitate to reply back if more info is needed.

Just checking in to see if you are feeling better?