Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

Good morning

Good morning, I am a electrical engineer working in Saudi Arabia presently my working scope will be entirely site which is very cold ranging from 5-20 problem is i am observing rashes followed by severe itching on my skin. I surfed in net & came to know that Cyproheptadine is the drug which helps me ,is it ok if i use the drug ???? if it is please tell the prescription.if not guide me .

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Cyproheptadine does help with itching related to cold temperatures. It is fine for you to use this for relief of the itching. Just make sure to take it as prescribed...which is usually dosed twice per day. For whatever reason, this drug DOES help with itching which is related with exposure to cold temperatures. So, if it helps, yes, use it.