Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I ovulated around the forth and my period is about a week late.

I ovulated around the forth and my period is about a week late. I amextremely tired and have slight bouts of nausea throughout the day. In addition having tender nipples. I also have noticed some thicker while discharge with no odor. I have been taking home test and keep getting negatives. I took a blood test and still showing negative. I have not had any Pms symptoms and am wondering if i really am pregnant. I would imagine my hcg levels would show but it did take about two weeks for my first pregnancy. Could i have gotten a false negative?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website. Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.
Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Did you had regular periods in past?
Are you on any medications?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My cycle does tend to vary but the 5 past months i have a cycle about 24a days. I am not on any meds and overall not stressed. My husband and i have been trying for a few months now and using the ovulation tests. This is how i know when i am ovulating. We engaged in unprotrcted intercourse the day befote and the day after it came positive. Excuse the typos on a phone.
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for quick input.

The Ovulation usually takes place 14 days after the beginning of your menstrual cycle.For women with a 28-day cycle, the 14th day is often the day of ovulation.
Also Prior to ovulation, your cervical mucus is cloudy and thicker, and a few days before ovulation it becomes clear, slippery, and stretchy like raw egg whites. If fertilization does not occur within 24 to 48 hours after ovulation, the egg disintegrates and is expelled with the uterus lining at the start of your next period.

To check for pregnancy, Urine pregnancy test should be used, after
1 week of missed period, and usually morning sample should be used.
Blood pregnancy test can be done at the time of missed period.
As you had already been tested negative for both urine and blood test, so there is no chance of pregnancy in this cycle.

Hormonal imbalance may cause pregXXXXX XXXXXke symptoms- missed period, nausea, fatigue and tender breast.
The chances of false negative test are very slim.
Sometimes, such hormonal imbalance can cause these symptoms. You can wait for your next cycle.
Good luck.

If you have any further query then please feel free to ask.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me –
I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Best wishes