Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

I am a 51 year old female with no known chronic health problems.

I am a 51 year old female with no known chronic health problems. I wouldn't be surprised if I had elevated blood pressure and cholesterol since I am 100 lbs overweight. I haven't had a physical in two years. At that time blood pressure was fine but I didn't have a cholesterol test. Over the last 24 hours I've noticed a hard lump develop on the top of my right foot. There is no pain or restriction of movement. I haven't sustained any injury that I'm aware of. It is about the diameter of a 50 cent piece and doesn't move around much or leave an indentation when I push it. It is located about 2 inches below my ankle and 3 inches above the beginning of my toes. I've had two Ganglion cysts removed from my lower legs for cosmetic reasons in the past--I still have several small ones running along the bone--and this one does seem consistent with them in terms of the feel but this is much larger than they were.
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

What color is the lump? Does it seem to have any fluid inside?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The lump is maybe very slightly discolored a ruddier pink than normal but I can't tell if it's just from the prominence of the bump. If there is discoloration it isn't marked. It doesn't feel like fluid, more squishy/fatty than liquid. Again, much like the Ganglion cysts I've had. When I compare it to the other foot, it is located over a bone so that may be where the "hardness" I describe is from.

Okay, thank you.
Based on what you've told me, this too, seems to be a cyst.
If the bump does not go away within the next few days, You should contact the physician you visited to have your previous cysts removed to have this one checked out.