How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3518
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, Ive had this rash on my glans for about 9 months

This answer was rated:


I've had this rash on my glans for about 9 months now. It started has a redish rash that itched for a few days, but after that I have felt no itching or irritation, it is just there being annoying. There is a whitish bump in the center with redness around it. You can see a picture of it here: I've been to a few doctors. One said it was a yeast infection, the other said it was a mild inflammation. I have tried three creams: Daktacort, Canesten and Elidel, none have removed the problem. I am starting to doubt that it is a yeast infection as nothing seems to help. Any idea what it can be and what I can do to eliminate the problem?
You probably have chronic Balanitis,a inflammation of the glans of the penis.The other possibilities include a yeast infection(this should respond to local antifungals like Canasten used regularly for 2-3 weeks,oral antifungals will also cure this),reactive inflammation linked to arthritis/Reiter's Syndrome( affects the glans,eyes and joints),Psoriaisis,Sebhoreic dermatitis,Lichen Planus and lastly autoimmune diseases like pemphigus. It would be prudent to consult a Dermatologist who can examine you and investigate you.A biopsy may be required if the issue is in doubt.The treatment will be specific to the disease found.
Vakul Aren and other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions