Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

Whenever I eat food, I felt like its stuck in my throat. Actually,

Whenever I eat food, I felt like it's stuck in my throat. Actually, one time, I ate chili with meat and some stuck to my throat. I had trouble sleeping after that. The day after that, i now felt that it's stuck in my chest. I keep juices and water, but I still feel it there. It's irritating me a LOT. I don't know what to do now.
Welcome to JustAnswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How long back this incident of meat stuck in throat happened?
Do you have breathing discomfort?
Do you have pain while you drink?
Do you have nausea?
Are you on any medications?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not on any certain medications. The incident happened yesterday, not that long ago. I did have breathing discomfort when I tried to go to sleep after dinnertime, but no nausea involved. I am drinking lots of juice and water, but the meat still seems to be stuck in my chest and now it hurts.

Thanks for quick input.
Well, from the description it seems that the piece of meat may be still present in esophagus or pharynx.
It can also be due to esophageal spasms, you may have developed esophageal irritation and this is causing such symptoms.
You should not delay and rush to ER ASAP.
If it is further delayed, then it may lead to ulceration or perforation of the esophagus. This can lead to serious complications.
Doctor can use a nasogastric tube as it can dislodge the piece of meat.

Good luck and take care.

I hope this information helps.
If you have any further query then please feel free to ask.
It’s my goal to provide you with EXCELLENT SERVICE. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.

Best wishes