Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I have strange pulsating movement near the left hand side of

Customer Question

I have strange pulsating movement near the left hand side of my abdomen. I have been doing some serious ab exercises for a month now. Is this anything related to the muscle sprain?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have cramps in left abdomen?
Have you tried any medications?
Do you get continuous pulsating sensation in left abdomen?
Any past significant medical issue?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No cramps Dr. Josh. I am not taking any medications. And no significant medical issues too.

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for quick reply.
Do you have noticed any change in bowel movements?
Do you have nausea or pain in abdomen?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not really. But couple of days back, I did not have the movement for 2 days. Now, I have bowel movement every morning regularly. But no nausea or pain in the abdomen.

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for providing quick input.

It can be due to mild indigestion or gas in the abdomen. Constipation can also cause the intestines to move more than normal in an effort to expel the stool. Movements of the intestines can cause such problem.
Muscle pain or strain in abdomen muscles, may also cause such symptoms. It can come with continuous abdomen exercises.

You can take an antacid called Gelusil (it is available as OTC) which can absorb the gas in the intestines and see if you feel better. Digestive enzymes, also available as OTC, should also help.
You should take light meals and take rest from abdomen exercises.
If required anti-spasmodic medication may also be taken.
Usually it is not a serious issue.

At this time, you can follow the measures as advised above, and please wait for 1 week.

I hope this information helps.
If you have any further query then please feel free to ask.
It’s my goal to provide you with EXCELLENT SERVICE. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.

Best wishes

Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience: Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Dr. Josh!

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Most Welcome and thanks for using this website.
Take care.