Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

I have numbness in my left groin/bikini area. The affected

I have numbness in my left groin/bikini area. The affected area is only a couple of inches. When I lay on that side the numb area turns incredibly painful. But pain subsides a few minutes after I shift sides. I'm not really sure what it is. I have had a couple of abdominal surgeries (lapband, kidney stone, ovarian cyst) in the past few years. But no other health problems. In addition, I'm a 35 year old female. 5 foot 8 and 265lbs. What could this be?

Dr. Singh :

A small area of numbness and pain in the groin are can be due to a hernia, pinched nerve or an infection/abscess formation. Your previous abdominal surgeries and your BMI put you at risk of getting getting a hernia. You will need a physical exam and possibly some imaging like an ultrasound or CT scan. A CT scan will rule out a new kidney stone as well. So do see your doctor regarding this.

Dr. Singh :

Let me know if you have more questions or need more information. Please rate when done, so I may get credit.