Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

Is a gooy discharge normal

Is a gooy discharge normal

Dr. Nomi :

Dr. Nomi :

Yes,it is normal if there is no itching.

Dr. Nomi :

Moreover ,there should not be any offensive smell.

Customer: No itching it is annoying. Sometimes it is creXXXXX XXXXX and sometimes it's is a yucky brown
Dr. Nomi :

Are you female?

Customer: Yes
Dr. Nomi :

Some times it indicate pregnancy.

Customer: It has been about a week. Everyone once in a while it looks a little bloody
Dr. Nomi :

So make sure you are not pregnant.

Dr. Nomi :

Secondly,it can be start of periods.

Customer: I doubt it my husband has been fixed
Customer: It happened last month too. About 2 weeks before my cycle. But I am not a 28 day girl
Dr. Nomi :

Did you notice it more after sex or there is no link with sex?

Customer: No different. One time after sex my husband had some creXXXXX XXXXX goo on him but only one time
Dr. Nomi :

Are you taking any hormonal contraception?

Customer: No
Dr. Nomi :

Okay.In this case it is just a normal discharge on the days when you are ovulating.

Customer: It was just concerning me when it changes colors. Sometimes creXXXXX XXXXX then light brown and then a dark bloody goo
Dr. Nomi :

You can get your cervix examined and go for a pap test to be on safe side.

Dr. Nomi :

Some times cervical erosions do present in the same way.

Dr. Nomi :

I think it is just a normal thing which happen in young ladies some times. It will stay for a few weeks and then it will disappear.

Dr. Nomi :

Any more concerns please ask?

Customer: What is that? I went to my doctor last month when this happened and he examined me and said everything looked normal. He swabbed me and looked at it under a microscope. He said he had to look hard to try to find anything. He told me to call if it didn't clear up. It did but did it again this month. He called me in metronidazole but it is about the same
Dr. Nomi :

Then it is absolutely normal you know .As you have already been examined.

Customer: I ha a pap last December and it was normal. My doctor waited cuz of insurance. He didn't seem worried last month
Dr. Nomi :

Good to know pap was normal.

Dr. Nomi :

No worries at all.I am happy all are fine and it is just a normal discharge in this case.

Customer: Is hardly ever on my panties. It's me lookin down there and feeling for it now so I don't know if my body has always done this or not. Me being paranoid? That's why I was wondering I this was a normal thing or not
Dr. Nomi :

Yes,body always make some indication when you ovulate .Some times it is by raising body temperature ,libido and some time by making vagina more wet and producing secretions.

Dr. Nomi :

All of these are natural phenomenons.

Dr. Nomi :

Some time we experience one some time other.

Dr. Nomi :

Hope you are happy now.

Customer: Do women ovulate for a week or more? Cuz that's how long this has been going on
Dr. Nomi :

Yes ,it can take at least one week as ova is alive for 3 to 4 days only.