Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

I have a buldging muscle in my right side around the t-10 area

I have a buldging muscle in my right side around the t-10 area that came on all at once. Back doctor says it could be apinched nerve in thaty area
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Nomi :

Dr. Nomi :

Is there also pain along with bulge?

Customer:

about 2 years ago I had termindous pain in back and right side, and the buldge appeared the next morning, for sometime it had all kinds of sensations from burning to itching , but now has stopped .

Dr. Nomi :

You remember any history of weight lifting or trauma at that time.Did you got X rays of back?

Customer:

Yes I had MRI, and Cat scans. they said it looked like I had some depree alonside the nerve in the T10 area

Dr. Nomi :

Have you taken any muscle relaxants for it.

Customer:

yes, still do but dose not seem to effect the buldge any

Dr. Nomi :

Look like a muscle spasm along with pinched nerve.

Dr. Nomi :

You should try infrared heat lamps.They will heal up the muscle and help it to reduce the bulge and cure the problem.

Customer:

can it ever be corrected. Back surgen dose not think so

Dr. Nomi :

Only symptoms can be relived .Yes,but hard to cure the root cause.

Customer:

Is there anykind of exercise that will firm that muscle area or is it there to stay

Dr. Nomi :

Yes,you must exercise to make muscle work well.Try turning right and left 10,10 times but not straining the muscles.You should be gentle.Moreover,try to lay down and get up while stressing back a little.

Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Medical Doctor,UK