Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Hello I am 19 years old and I have been getting mild cramp

Hello
I am 19 years old and I have been getting mild cramp like pains on my right(middle) abdominal when pressure is applied. I have had it checked and it is not my appendix. For the past while I have had hard times having bowl movements. And just recently I had a BM and the stool was very dark (not black just very dark brown) and light pink was coming from them. I am not sure if it is blood or not, due to I made home made borscht last Tuesday. (Contains a lot of beets in it) After that small BM The pain is now on the lower left abdominal. (beside the hip bone)

Dr. Singh :

Hello

Dr. Singh :

May I know what tests have you had done and when?

Customer:

I went to the doctors about 2 weeks ago and he did a blood test and checked rebound tenderness. He said the results showed nothing for appendicitis. I haven't been able to get back to the doctors quite yet. I will be going to the clinic in the next day or so.

Dr. Singh :

ok. For how long do you have this pain?

Customer:

For about a month or longer I have been having small aching pains in my right abdominal. I mostly notice it if I lay down on my back, or if I am sitting for a long period of time. I get a small sharp pain very rarely though.

Dr. Singh :

This does not appear to be appendicitis or any serious medical disorder. You appear to have an element of constipation. So taking a high fiber diet or fiber supplements such as Metamucil can be tried or now. Since symptoms are also related to bowel movements, you may have Irritable bowel syndrome. But more history and detailed exam is needed.

Dr. Singh :

So do keep your appointment. And follow up as needed.

Customer:

alright. And I have talked to my mother about this the other day. She has Irritable bowel syndrome. And Indemetriosis.

Dr. Singh :

Both are possibilities. I would try the fiber supplements first. This can help with IBS symptoms.

Customer:

Alright :) Thank you! I will be going to the store later today so I can pick up some fiber supplements.

Dr. Singh :

Sound good. You are welcome. Please "accept" when done.