Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK

I woke up this morning with severe dizziness. Every time I

I woke up this morning with severe dizziness. Every time I moved my head I felt like the room was spinning. I lay in bed for 2 hours, took a Gravol and was able to get out of bed. Four hours later I still feel lightheaded but can function.
I started 2mg Coversyl for borderline hypertension (160/88) five days ago. Had been on a diuretic for two years before that with little change. I am also on Synthroid .125mg.
Have had some shortness of breath for about two, three weeks (before the Coversyl), and have it presently and right now feel a light numbness in my right arm.
Thank you in advance for your response.

Dr. Nomi :

Dr. Nomi :

What is your BP reading for today?

Dr. Nomi :

Is there also headache?

128/88 this morning.
I did not take Coversyl this am

Dr. Nomi :

Is your pulse is rapid please answer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No headache. Pulse is good (59).

Numbness and tingling in arm is not a good sign.It can be a sign of mini stroke in a patient who have history of hypertension.As pulse and blood pressure are fine so second thing to consider is a mini attack of stroke.I will advise you not to waste time and if dizziness persist and you do not feel fine then just visit ER.We cannot ignore numbness in arm.I wish you all the best.