Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a question my period is irregular which mean I have

Customer Question

I have a question my period is irregular which mean I have my period one month skip a month then have it. My question is my last period was August 27 and September 26 I found out I was pregnant and that month I won't have my period so excited to be pregnant again and it's my third one. October 24 went for my first ultrasound my midwife didn't see anything just an empty sac. So she told, me I need blood lab first hcgb was 7455 then on the26 hcgb was 8695 on Saturday I had sex with my husband then Sunday I notice pinkish brown spotting and October 31 it was still there went got an ultrasound midwife say I had a miscarriage and my hcgb will drop low did another test and it was 9851 I ask for another ultrasound which I went on November 7 an keep in mind I am still light bleeding. The doctor say it's a miscarriage. Me and my husband don't believe it. He think I am only 3 to 4 Weeks behind. I am confuse
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

JACUSTOMER-vx65tar8- : Hello
Dr. Owen :

Hello with these slow rising HCG levels honestly I too believe this is a miscarriage - but you can wait another 1 to 2 weeks to see if you are having any change in your gestational sac - because once you have a gestational sac there should be a yolk sac seen a week later and then a fetus about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks after the gestational sac.

Dr. Owen :

So, you can wait as there is no emergency just yet

JACUSTOMER-vx65tar8- : no I am just still spotting but no other miscarriage symptom
Dr. Owen :

So, the as long as you are not having heavy bleeding, and you are doing well - it is okay to wait, and therefore you might be still pregnant - but only time will tell at this point as I have that sometimes a fetus DOES develop even if slow rising HCG Levels

Dr. Owen :

so, wait, and do not rush into anything

Dr. Owen :

I hope this helps

Dr. Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

JACUSTOMER-vx65tar8- : They told me that I will miscarry this two Weeks if not he want me to take
Dr. Owen :

If no more questions, please click on EXCELLENT (please do not click on poor/ bad, instead if you have more questions, please Reply)

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

Well - Wait the two weeks - as there is nothing wrong to wait and then DO a repeat ultrasound -

Dr. Owen :

sometimes there are suprises

JACUSTOMER-vx65tar8- : A pill so I can contract but we still don't beLiever it
Dr. Owen :

Well WAIT - do not rush into anything -

JACUSTOMER-vx65tar8- : Thanks
Dr. Owen :

there is no reason to rush - so wait until you are absolutely convinced -one way or the other

Dr. Owen :

you are welcome

Dr. Owen :

I hope all works out for you and your husband

Dr. Owen :

take care

JACUSTOMER-vx65tar8- : Thank you
Dr. Owen :

you are welcome

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT - we appreciate positive ratings and feedback

JACUSTOMER-vx65tar8- : You do the same
Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT - thank you

Dr. Owen :

do you see the EXCELLENT button

Dr. Owen :

this would be appreciated for the time I have spent with you

Dr. Owen :

We work here giving our own time, and it is appreciated to get Positive ratings and feedback

Dr. Owen :

I see you left -

Dr. Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Dr. Owen :

we do appreciated Positive ratings and feedback - for our time

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

May I ask why you do not want to give me a Positive rating?

Dr. Owen :

Have a wonderful night?

Dr. Owen :

.