A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have a white xanax bar that is marked p039 , is this fake

Customer Question

I have a white xanax bar that is marked p039 , is this fake ?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 years ago.

Welcome and thanks for your question. Do you have a picture of the pill you could post?

Thanks,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not have a picture of the pill , but it looks like a regular white xana bar except it has the extended release marking that usually goes on a yellow xanax bar . Its simply a white xanax bar that is marked r039 on one side and scores on the other side

R039/P039 is the typical marking on a Xanax 2 mg from Actavis. No reputable generic producer is making them in white. I would toss the ones you have rather than chance a bad reaction. There are fake makers in Pakistan and India that put gosh knows what in pills and sell them to unsuspecting people. The R039/P039 is only used by Actavis and their alprazolam is yellow, not white.

All the best,

Schuyler