Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

For the last two years I have been having issues with my right

For the last two years I have been having issues with my right shoulder. I have had an MRI which showed tendonitis of the rotator cuff and impingement. I have clicking & popping in my shoulder. It has bothered me constantly during this two year period. I've had three injections in my shoulder. None have helped much. My biggest concern right now is this: Since I've had my shoulder issue, every time I have an orgasm my shoulder hurts. The more intense the orgasm, the more intense the pain. It has come to a point now that the pain with orgasm has become almost unbearable. Last night after an orgasm, my pain was so severe it actually hurt over into my left shoulder and under my right armpit as well. I am still in pain at this moment and the orgams was at 5pm yesterday. I also had to have my husband stop because the longer I laid there the worse the pain was. I couldn't lay down any longer. Why is my shoulder pain becoming more intense with orgasm and how do I aproach my doctor with this? I have never told my doctor about the pain with orgasm only the other part of the shoulder pain.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

How do you put your shoulder when you have orgasm?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It doesn't matter what position I am in when I have an orgasm, my shoulder still hurts. Last night, I was laying flat on my back and once the pain started it felt like laying down was making the pain worse so I couldn't lay there any longer. Once I got up it wasn't so bad but it still hurt.

I think there may be increased muscle tone around the shoulder joint during orgasm which tends to cause the pain much more .

You should talk to an orthopedic doctor and get treated for the tendonitis. This may get rid of the pain altogether.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please do not rate my answer if your question is not yet fully answered.You can simply ask further by using REPLY button and I will get back to you.

Please remember to rate me excellent service (or 4 or 3 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.We only receive credit for answering your question with a positive rating.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The thing is though, even if my shoulder does not hurt at all and we have sex and I can even be on top when I orgasm, my shoulder will hurt afterwards. So I'm just wondering how this can in now way be linked to orgasms???

There is no scientific explanation for that as medically there is no such correlation.

But my explanation is simple: whatever pain or discomfort you have is likely to be related to the primary problem in your shoulder joint (rotator cuff impingement syndrome).

The same problem is likely to have started on the left side also.

I hope my answer has helped you.