Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

I have these raised red bumps on my tongue and theyve been

I have these raised red bumps on my tongue and they've been there for awhile maybe 9 or 10 months now and I'm a bit afraid to go to the doctor and find out what it could be. I also get white tongue a lot so I have to keep brushing my teeth and chewing gum to get rid of it of course. I was jus wondering if you may know what it is. Also, sometimes there's a lil blood mixed in with my saliva whenever I may feel the need to spit. I hope its nothing to serious. Thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Do you have sore throat?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Is there any other known medical illness?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Charles,
I do not have any sore throat at all. I have not gone through any tests and I do not have any other known medical illness
Dear customer,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The tongue is naturally covered with small bumps.These bumps are called papillae and generally show up whenever there is any trauma or irritation in the mouth.Other causes of red raised bumps on tongue are:infections,canker sores,allergies,strep infection and oral herpes.Red bumps on the tongue may also be caused by some sort of allergy, especially food allergies.

The white coating on your tongue can be due to collection of bacteria and dead tongue cells.It probably represents the normal layer of dead keratinized cells that are formed on the top surface of the tongue.Other common causes of white coating on your tongue are dehydration,yeast infection.The most probable cause of your symptoms seems to be either food allergies or infection.

You need a physical examination & tongue swab testing.Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped & I had provided you an excellent service.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Charles,
I also had canker sores in my mouth at times, on the inside of my cheeks but never on my lips. I believe that's oral herpes when its on your lips. I'm just not sure why they were reoccurring but it has been awhile since I have seen one on the inside of my lip or cheek. I'm sure that factors in to what you already thought it could be. I also noticed when I walk up a flight of stairs , my legs get more fatigued now and I was wondering does it all tie together or maybe its something else.
Thanks
Dear customer,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

The virus that causes cold sores is known as the herpes simplex virus (HSV).Once you've had an episode of herpes infection, the virus lies dormant in the nerve cells in your skin and may emerge again as an active infection at or near the original site.

The most common cause of frequent canker sores are:Food sensitivities,Food allergies, emotional stress, hormonal changes, food allergies,a diet lacking in vitamin B-12, zinc, folate (folic acid) or iron.Canker sores are also called aphthous ulcers. Use a cotton swab to apply the mixture of half hydrogen peroxide and half water for mouth canker sores.

The fatigue in legs you are having are not related to this & might be due to other causes.Its not to get evaluated & tested separately.

Physical clinical examination & tests are very much required to know the exact underlying cause.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and I will make sure I do that. I jus have one more question Dr. Charles,
There was a point when my neck was sore and was very uncomfortable for me and it was difficult to turn to one side without it hurting. I would have to stretch my neck a bit to make it feel a little better. Also my lower back was sore as well. If I were sitting in an upright position(driving a car) it would make me feel uncomfortable and I would try and move around to make it go away.

Thank you for all your help, I greatly appreciate it.
Dear customer,

These symptoms of neck soreness can be due to cervical spondylitis and/or spondylosis.It is generally caused by the compression of spinal nerves.Any compromise of the nerve space in the spinal column of neck or back can lead to compression of the nerve endings.

You need following tests:

-Electromyography(EMG)
-Nerve conduction studies,
-X-ray neck

These tests will confirm the exact cause.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause.Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Also please do not forget to rate my answer as this is the only way by which an expert can get credit for his work.Hope this helped & I had provided you an excellent service.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist