Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Hello, Im a 27 year old male. Last night around 730pm I

Im a 27 year old male. Last night around 730pm I discovered what im 90% sure to believe was a single hive on my inner thigh very high up that didnt itch. I remember getting hives when I was younger and I remember it looking about the same, however when I was younger there were alot more and larger and they itched. This was about the size of a dime.

I took a benadryl and went to visit some friends and returned home about 12pm and the hive was diminished a little. I took another benadryl and went to bed. I woke this morning and the hive was pretty much gone and all that remained was a little discolored spot.

My question is, could this be more serious than a hive? could it actually be related to some other disease or god forbid HIV or some other STD? I am sexually active but all my intercourse is with protection. But this occurence of the hive has me a little irrationally worried.

mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

mysticdoc :

mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

mysticdoc :

Based on your description and good response to benadryl this does seem to be hive or allergic reaction.

mysticdoc :

This is not a std or HIv as the description does not fit.

mysticdoc :

Hence, you should not worry about these conditions.

mysticdoc :

best wishes,

mysticdoc :

Please rate Good or Excellent Service, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/