Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

doc i did sleep but woke and feel same thing like a bubble

Customer Question

doc i did sleep but woke and feel same thing like a bubble in my chest . what is that . i have to forse myself to burb but cant. my hubby is home upstairs and i feel like this
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So you can't burp?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well i either cant or if i manage to do it it starts all over again no relief

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So when you do burp it goes away at least for a short time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

for a minute and i begin to have this feeling of a bubble. it starts in the chest then goes up and when its up like now i feeli like i would choke then it comes out and then all over again

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well if burping relieves it it isn't your heart. You really should try at least some over the counter Prilosec or Zantac for a few days since that should stop this from happening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but i am saying when i do manage to burp and i think it would get better its not right after burp i get the feeling of bubble again

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

That's because you're trapping air in you stomach--probably swallowing air with trying to catch your breath and your anxiety. That's the only way your stomach can fill up with air that quickly after your burp.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so honstly yesterday u told me the only way to know if its heart or gas is tests which i did. but i did ekg and echo over a year ago.also u think if it my heart i would be able to sleep or clean? and u told me last night i am almost afraid to feel ok.u right becaus ei am so used to feel this way and be on guard i dont know how to feel ok

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well therapy will teach you how to feel OK. I've told you time and again this is not your heart--wrong symptoms and you are able to sleep and clean. You just can't accept that it isn't your heart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

u know working now it a gift and a curse . the gift because i can get out of the house the curse because i see so many women older so energetic . last noight i was so feeling like crap all in my thoughts that one woman asked me r u ok

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What did you say to her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i told her i was fine .but i my head i think how do i have to look that people ask

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Probably it's just your facial expression--I can imagine that you often look like you're very worried or in pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes my coworker tell me alot i look worried or in distress

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You should practice smiling from time to time even if you don't feel like smiling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry was busy . doc its not goinf away i dont know what to do. how can u smile when u feel like that and very afraid

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How many times do I have to tell you it is just a reflux problem and swallowing too much air and not your heart? Would you rather see a doctor just so they can tell you the same thing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i understand what u saying thank god i am not crazy just yet. but do understand what i feel is real and its very unpleasant

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I understand it's real and unpleasant--why can't you go get some Mylanta and some Prilosec or Zantac and try those?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have the pink stuff. but u will yell at me what i will tell u i am scared if i take and it wont help then its bad

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's still no excuse for not trying it--if that was what was keeping you from doing it before, then just tell yourself it's just an irrational thought that makes you not try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i was and still am afraid because a s doctors say if u have heartburn u took meds it doesnt help its heart

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't work that way. Even if the meds don't help it could still be reflux or another GI problem and not the heart.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so for now i have a pepto.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Mylanta and Prilosec would be better but try that at least.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i will buy at work tody mylanta. ok but answer this what if it wont help

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That still doesn't mean it's your heart--you also need to try to stop the deep breathing and yawning--that's just making you swallow more air.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok one last one bewfore i go how can u be certain it is not a heart

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Wrong symptoms and you've already had your heart checked out. And, again, if this had been your heart all these other times, you would have had a heart attack by now and you haven't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

promice this one is the last one. ok i did check it a year ago. isnt it a long time ago. and couls these symptoms last say 6 m,onth and then something bad happens

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, a year isn't a long time and since there was nothing wrong then and these symptoms are not of a heart attack, it doesn't matter how long they've lasted--in fact the more times you have them the even more unlikely it could be your heart.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello doc its been quiet a long time since i had a horrible mograine i would saay 3 weeks and since yesterday i have had it. the light hurts me the back of the head is very heavy i am nauseous. i took 6 advils yestarday and 4 today

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Did you sleep last night?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i did but not goo i woke up because of the pain. it feels like my whole head is very sore and the back hurts alot my eyes too

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK.. Did the Advil help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no it doesnt help. if i lay it eases a little.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So what's your worry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i know that probably its not a aneurism but how can i ease it and also is it normal for migrain / tension last a couple of days

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Migraines can last that long but if Advil doesn't help you might need specific migraine prescription medication
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes i was prescribed imetrex but she told me to be very careful taking it only when its really bad

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So I guess it isn't that bad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is as i described to u i am nauseous, the back is heavy, the light hurts my eyes, and i fell like my head is being squeesed, plus since i took 4 advil i am scared to take imetrex now

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why scared? I assume you've taken it before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no this is the prescription. before i took purocet it was too strong

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
They aren't the same and the Imitrex won't affect you like the Percocet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doc yesterday by the evening my headache was gone today i already took 4 advils. my mom say its because of the bad weather coming so i feel the pressure

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So no headache now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry just saw ur responce. no headache today agai, so 2 days ina row is that normal

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not s sign of an aneurysm That kind of headache doesn't come and go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok its not an aneurism , todays headaches is not as intence as i had esterday toda y i feel pressure in theback of the head and i fee pressure front and its pulsating on a side. but how long can recuring headaches last

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, they can go on for several days. Sounds like a tension headache
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok is the weather can contribute to it. also u really dont think its an aneurism ?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--changes in barometric pressure can do that, and yes I'm sure it's not an aneurysm
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice