Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I am having blood drawn for the following tests this morning:

I am having blood drawn for the following tests this morning: (1) Comp Metabolic Panel (14), (2) Lipid Panel, (3) CBC w/Diff w/Pit, (4) TSH, 3rd generation. At test time, I will have been fasting for well over 12 hours. However, I woke up with a headache, so I took two headache pills, each containing 250 mg acetaminophen, 250 mg aspirin, and 65 mg caffeine. Do I need to postpone the test?
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

As long as you took the medication with just plain water, it should be fine. The tests you are having are routine and you don't even need to be fasting for any of them except the Lipid Panel. So, you are fine.