Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

My son has been taking methylphenidate at 20 mg and the Dr

Customer Question

My son has been taking methylphenidate at 20 mg and the Dr changed it to 54 mg The pharmist said that it needs to bump up in two stages?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 4 years ago.

As he is taking 20 mg of Methylphenidate and his dose may be adjusted in weekly 10 mg increment to 54mg.

So his medication dosage may increase from 20 to 30 mg in first week and then 30 40 40 in second week and 40-50 mg in third week.

If his medication dosage is given twice a day then his dosage may increase from 20-40 mg in first week and then 40-54 mg in second week.

Having said this,firstly you need to ask his doctor for dose management to prevent any adverse effects.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.