Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

I have had vaginal thrush with a horrible green or white thick

I have had vaginal thrush with a horrible green or white thick discharge for over 3 and a half years and doesn't seem to be shifting, canastan seems to make it worse, my doctor has gave me lots of different treaments from creams to tablets im not sure what most of them are called but she said that i just need to keep applying canastan cream because i've tried everything she can give me and its not worked and i can buy the cream from the chemist because its less expensive than it would be if i bought it from her, so i've been using it for the last 18 months and now the chemist wont let me buy it anymore. I feel as if my doctor doesnt care and she doesnt listen and my thrush seems to be getting worse. I did think it might not be thrush at all and be something else im not sure. I have even had myself tested for any sexually transmitted infections to be sure and they came back all clear. but now im desparate to get rid of this.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
What else have you used besides Canestan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im not sure what they are called not used anything new apert from canastan for 18 months, i've can creams ans some tablets she gave me were one tablet only and she said that would clear up the problem but didnt she sadi now that i have had everything she can give me that i cant try anything else because i've had it and that i should just use canastan, thats why im thinking of trying any herbal remadies

Okay - have you had any of this tested with a 'culture' - Not just a swab, but a culture?
What other medications do you use?
Do you use a probiotic at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Clotrimazole,Econazole and Flucanozole are some of the things i;ve used. No i've only had the swab taken about 3 years ago, No i dont use a probiotic, should i?

What you probably have is a resistant Yeast / thursh infection and this was researched back in 2009 and a treatment program called ReCiDif was suggested with Diflucan 9same as fluconazole) and to be taken this way - 1 tablet every other day for two weeks, and then continue with one tablet for a total of 6 months of treatment .
Plus you should use a Probiotic with acidophilus as this would help too
I hope this helps
Please click on EXCELLENT, thank you