Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

Hi, Ive been having a bad headache since last all

Hi, I've been having a bad headache since last all started when my heart beats faster and the
pain start from back of my neck and to my was a very painful headache that make me cry even
when i'm 37yrs old. I went to the local hospital and clinics but still my headache persist. Please help.

Greetings, Thanks for using Just Answer. I am Dr. SS. I will try my best to help you. Is there any other symptom? Was any test done? Are you on any medication? Is there any significant past illness? Best regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
apart from the spliting headache sometimes i feel nausea..i'm not under any medication apart from the medicine the doctor gave me..prochlorperazine maleate 5mg and paracetamol..this is the first time i had this headache
Thank you for the input.

Headache in the back of head & neck can occur from a few probable factors. It can occur from high blood pressure. It can occur from spine or joint of the neck, muscle spasm,,occipital neuralgia etc. Irritation of meninges, subarachnoid bleeding etc. can cause stiffness & pain here. It can also occur from anxiety & tension state. In anxiety state there can be a faster heart rate. So this can be related. I would advise you to get an examination by a neurologist when pain is continuing . If he thinks necessary he can take scan & other tests.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask and continue conversation by using REPLY button. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you. PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER TILL YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE and rate it as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had done blood pressure test and my blood pressure the first time i went to the hospital was 153/75 and the 2nd time was 143/63(the blood pressure was taken when i went to the hospital everytime i had the headache..and if my symptoms are more to anxiety..what cause the anxiety state?
The systolic level of blood pressure was higher in both the cases. The cause of anxiety may not be apparent always. Sometimes, it can be to particular external factor, sometimes it can be a phobia, sometimes a generalized condition. A consultation with psychologist would help.