physician123
physician123, Doctor
Experience:  MD

My wife has swelling at the base of her neck where her neck

My wife has swelling at the base of her neck where her neck and shoulders meet which is quite noticeable. She has been very sore within her neck and shoulders for a number of days but the swelling just started yesterday and is more swollen today. She is also 5 weeks pregnant.
Category: Health
Expert:  physician123 replied 1 year ago.

physician123 :

physician123 :

Welcome to just answer

physician123 :

I am sorry to hear of your wife's discomfort

physician123 :

Please enter the chat

physician123 :

Hello

Customer: Hello
physician123 :

I am here to answer you

physician123 :

Does she have any complaints apart from the swelling and pain ?

Customer: She has had some nausea as well as the typical prenancy symptoms. At least thats what we were thinking they were. Its the swelling that got me concerned.
physician123 :

Does she have any thyroid issues ?

Customer: What does that mean exactly?
physician123 :

Does she have a problem with the thyroid gland ?

physician123 :

Does she have a fever as well ?

Customer: Hello?
physician123 :

Are you able to read my response ?

Customer: Oh sorry. Didnt see the last reply. No fever though she has been feeling warm. We have checked and she is 98.6. No thyroid gland problems.
physician123 :

Thank you for the information

physician123 :

The swelling she has does warrant a check .

physician123 :

This can be caused due to thyroid issues and also due to an abscess .

physician123 :

An ultrasound of thyroid gland helps give further information on the same

physician123 :

An ultrasound and a blood check will help get to the root of this issue

physician123 :

So please do not ignore this and get a check with her doctor and she can schedule her for an ultrasound

physician123 :

THus once these investigations are done then the treatment can be started in accordance with the same

physician123 :

I hope you are getting my point ?

Customer: Sure. Thank you
physician123 :

So please discuss the points I mentioned with her doctor

physician123 :

I wish you and her all the best and great health

Customer: Is the thyroid glamd at the joint between the neck and shoulders? On the back of the neck?
physician123 :

Please leave a positive rating in order to accept the answer as only once you leave a positive rating will the site credit me for my work and time

physician123 :

Its in the center of the neck

physician123 :

The swelling can at times extend lower down

physician123 :

So please get this excluded as well . The ultrasound will help us know what we are dealing with

Customer: Ok.
physician123 :

I look forward to your positive feedback

physician123 :

Thank you

physician123, Doctor
Experience: MD