Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

I have found out to have cysts in my right breast after an

Customer Question

I have found out to have cysts in my right breast after an ultra sound. And I also have a lump which apparantly is a swallon gland on my right side, but on my shoulder blade. I have been told be a doctor that it is a gland, not sebaceous cyst I am a smoker and have been since 17, and now 37, but no longer a heavy smoker, having 2 to 3 smokes a day and posibly a joint every now and then. Should I be concerned that the two are linked? That they might be cancerous? Should I seek a mammogram, and have a biopsy on the gland?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

The swollen lump / node could be infective if you find it to be soft to firm in consistency.

Since the lump in your breast in benign, the swollen gland in the shoulder blade is likely to be benign.

However, you should get a mammography of the breast for better correlation with the ultrasound.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please do not rate my answer if your question is not yet fully answered.You can simply ask further by using REPLY button and I will get back to you.

Please remember to rate me excellent service (or 4 or 3 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.We only receive credit for answering your question with a positive rating.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dr Bora,

If the gland is infective, should I have it removed?

I was using a device called a voilet wand, and it was reducing the size of the gland, but then I went away on holidays, and it increased in size again. Do you think the voilet wand will do it any harm if I do continue to use it once again. As the voilet wand got rid of my plantar wart, much more effectively than liquid nitrogen that seemed to make it angry and not kill the root.

Thoughts

Kerry

Sorry for waiting. I would not advise using a violet wand because it does not deal with the actual reason for the gland enlargement.

I would recommend discussing with your family doctor and getting a prescription of antibiotics to get rid of any infectious cause for the enlargement.