On Call MD
On Call MD, MD
Experience:  US Board certified Physician

Son is hoarse,should I take him to the doctor? My 7 year old

Son is hoarse,should I take him to the doctor? My 7 year old has had a couple respiratory viruses over the last month or 2. We all have,actually. He seems to be over it for 2 weeks now,except for the occasional throat clearing and stuffy or runny nose that has lasted for 2 weeks at least. I have alot of sinus drainage with the bug and was sick just days after him,but mine is going away. Not gone,but getting better slowly. He sounds hoarse off and on throughout the day and usually clears his throat and then is ok. I googled and it said throat cancer!! Should I be taking him in instead of assuming it will clear up on its own??
It is my pleasure to help you today
from what you are describing this sounds like simple flu that will take its time and the body immunity should resolve this age and with these symptoms especially if you got infected too cancer is absolutely the last diagnosis to think of..,just keep him well hydrated and he can make use of warm fluid for sore throat and it should help with his hoarseness of voice now

I Hope he gets better soon

Any other questions let me know
if I was able to help you your (EXCELLENT) rating is very important to me so I would get compensated for my time and answer,Bonuses are not expected but are welcomed if you are well satisfied
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok,that helps. thankyou!!

you are most welcome