Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

i have a heavy feeling center of chest.comes an goes .comeing

i have a heavy feeling center of chest.comes an goes .comeing more often now

DR HASAN :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details.

DR HASAN :

Since how long you have this?

Customer:

about 5 to 6 weeks ,it started as heartburn

DR HASAN :

Do you feel it more after food intake?

Customer:

no it seemed to get worse when i have coffe in morning but no difference in afernoon

DR HASAN :

For how long you have tried prevacid and in how much dosage?

Customer:

for a week then i could not handle it anymore seemed to make it worse 15 mg

Customer:

i also feel sick for an hour or to some days

DR HASAN :

Well the symptoms you have mentioned are consistent with acid reflux. There is nothing to suspect like heart problem with this pattern of symptoms.

DR HASAN :

I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC Omeprazole 40mg once daily can be tried.

DR HASAN :

avoidance of smoking, alcohol, spicy food, coffee etc is so essential that if you don't leave them, medicines will not be of benefit.

Customer:

no strong heart my family has problem with lung cancer

DR HASAN :

Are you worried that this can be lung cancer?

Customer:

well so many people in my family died this way mother father uncles.so it is in the back of your mind. i sometimes get real bad heartburn an it hurts real bad an i must take about 7 or5 8 rolaid to stop the pain

Customer:

sorry 7 or 8 rolaids

DR HASAN :

I am so sorry to hear about this but can assure you that none of your symptoms are consistent with lung cancer.

DR HASAN :

These are typical heartburn symptoms and you can get rid of these if you follow my advise as mentioned above.

DR HASAN :

Please don't stress yourself.

Customer:

wow thank you but prevacid does not work

DR HASAN :

Then try omeprazole and if that doesn't work then visit your doctor for upper GI endoscopy.

DR HASAN :

He can add tab domperidone with omeprazole and they both can work effectively.

DR HASAN :

Any question?

DR HASAN :

But no to coffee, smoking, spicy foods etc

DR HASAN :

you there?

Customer:

yes i was told to go for that when i went for a colonscope test

DR HASAN :

Yes i also suggest the same.

Customer:

thank you i feel less stress out i will get the endoscope as soon as posible an cut out the coffee an spicy foods. what is causes problem what i eat

DR HASAN :

You are most welcome. You should eat soft diet. Use dairy products like milk specially cold milk and yogurt.

DR HASAN :

Avoid anything that bothers you.

DR HASAN :

Most important thing is this that you should eat in moderation and eat frequently multiple times rather a lot of food at one time.

DR HASAN :

Never sleep just after your meal.

DR HASAN :

You will be fine soon but don't be stressed because you have nothing like cancer and stress increases acid reflux in stomach.

DR HASAN :

I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.

DR HASAN :

Are you with me?

Customer:

thank you dr hasan .you are right about my eating habits to much food at one sitting an i eat late at night.an i am very streed out about this an i have way to much coffe i will talk to you tommorow thank you very much

I am so so sorry, you were shown to be offline so i shifted the chat here, Yes sure i will always be here to help you. Take care of yourself. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.
HI Stan, I was concerned so i thought i should ask that how are you feeling now? Is there anything i can help you with? Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

went for endoscope found nothing still get heavyness in chest on an off. cannot seem to get rid of it.

Stan I am so sorry to hear about this. Have they done a ct scan and have they evaluated you for heart? What is their opinion? Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thye want to do a stress test, they did a chest x-ray an a e k g

Thanks a lot for your input. I think this is the right step to follow because heaviness in chest can be due to heart problem. I personally feel that with normal EKG its less likely but still possible so i do recommend that you should go for it. If you have any specific question regarding that, please let me know as i will be glad to assist you, regards.