Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I am a 67 year woman who is a competitive dragon boat paddler,

Customer Question

I am a 67 year woman who is a competitive dragon boat paddler, work out in the gym, and, do a lot fo cross training. I have arthritis in my thumb and soreness in my shoulder from the repetitive movement of paddling.
I'm wondering if Ligaplex 1 & 11 would be good for me. And, how much to take.
Thank you so much!!
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 3 years ago.
Hi there Carolyn and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Ligaplex contains vitamins and minerals as well as extracts that are proven to help with nutritional support for connective tissues and joints - especially in times of high physical demands (as with your exercise routine). The typical dose is 2-4 tablets per day-taken with meals (this is for the phase II). Ligaplex 1 would be 3-6 tabs per day (1-2 capsules taken with each meal). It is recommended to start with the Ligaplex 1 then after 1 month, move to the phase 2 (Ligaplex II). This primarily helps repair manganese deficiencies...there is a small amount in our bodies but taken as a supplement is said to help the body form connective tissue, and bone.

The only thing I warn about with supplements of any kind (even Centrum vitamins) is if you are on any prescription meds, let your pharmacist know what is in the Ligaplex so they can advise for any interactions vs what you are taking now (if anything).

Did you get my answer? Please let me know if I can help you further.