Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a dull pain that is to the right of and below my belly

I have a dull pain that is to the right of and below my belly button. It's probably just above or next to my hip. It isn't constant pain as it comes and goes and it isn't sharp pain but it does increase a little bit if I bend over. I looked around for symptoms of appendicitis but this
pain comes and goes and isn't sharp so I'm just curious what other things this may be. I've had it on and off for about 3 weeks now. I know I should see a doctor but I'm looking for a quick opinion. I'm a 39 year old male and pretty healthy/active/fit. Thanks.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

DR HASAN :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details.

DR HASAN :

Do you have any symptoms like burning in urine, frequency of urine, pain on pressing that area, increase in pain with cough, vomiting, nausea etc?

Customer:

I don't have pain on pressing in the area or with cough. No vomiting or nausea. Maybe a slight burning in urine but nothing that noticeable.

DR HASAN :

Any diarrhea, constipation,fever etc?

Customer:

No, none of those.

DR HASAN :

Thanks a lot for your input.

DR HASAN :

This is not at all likely to be appendicitis.

DR HASAN :

The other possible causes can be urinary tract infection or a muscular pain.

DR HASAN :

Appendicitis should have fever, nausea, vomiting and by third week it should have given complications.

DR HASAN :

So appendicitis is not your case.

Customer:

Ok. Thank you.

DR HASAN :

However urinary tract infection and musclar strain can be the cause.

I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tab tylenol thrice daily and drinking cranberry juice should help.

DR HASAN :

If symptoms persist then see your doctor, but don't stress yourself for anything serious.

DR HASAN :

I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.

Customer:

Sounds good. I was going to give the cranberry juice a try so I'll go with that.

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
HI Chris, I was concerned so i thought i should ask that how are you feeling now? Is there anything i can help you with? Regards