Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

Blood pressure all day between 180s to high 190s over average

Blood pressure all day between 180s to high 190s over average 60s.
Not under medication.
Is this a high risk?
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Unfortunately, yes, this is a risky systolic blood pressure. Your diastolic is great but those 180's and 190's need to be lowered. If you have not yet taken the medication that was prescribed, it would be a good idea to go ahead and start taking it but keep a check on your heart rate. If it drops any lower than the 50's, you will most likely need to be put on another regimen (possibly an ACE inhibitor and a diuretic). If you have started the bisprolol and your blood pressure is still in this high range, it is not effective and you'll still have to have it changed. But yes, I would have the top number addressed as soon as possible.