DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.

Domestic sexual abuse. My boyfriend is abusing me sexually.

Domestic sexual abuse. My boyfriend is abusing me sexually. But I feel it is too late for me to heal and recover. I have been with him 9 weeks or so and just came out of a violent abusive marriage. I came here to heal. To try and recover. If anyone can chat live-that would be best for me right now, rather than waiting back and forth for answers. Thank you.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
You are not in chat mode

Do you have a specific question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Sorry. I am going through a lot of trauma, physically and mentally. One question is ;how much can the body heal after stress that has lasted over 2 months. I have lost 7 pounds, my muscles seem nonexistant. I was doing yoga before and it seemed to be helping my muscles. I keep thinking I am doomed, I mean that my body can not look or be well and healthy again. I was VERY healthy about a year, even 6 months ago. Even before this situation I am in now I was gaining weight and just starting to look/feel better. I am asking you mainly about my physical health- muscle mass, and skin//hair feeling now very dry/sallow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can this be a live chat and are you still there?

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
It can not be a live chat since you did not come in on chat.

The body is not going to heal if you continue the same stressors that started the problem

Why exactly are you choosing to continue the same type of situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't chose it. This person told me to come stay with him and he would take care of me, let me rest here and recover. Not long after he started discouraging me from going out, eating the food I normally eat(he wouldn't always get what I ask for.) I do not have a vehicle here. I am in a different state. I do not know anyone here and have no other support system. I know him from when I was in high school. I did not know he was another controlling abusive type and I am in a very bad mental state and am now exausted and feeling like giving up. He has raped me, and calls me a little girl, and I have a history of abuse. I talk to crisiis lines and am seeing a victim support counselor. She thinks it is learned helplessness, fear and loss of self esteem, belief. I know it seems simple and I know i should go. I wondered if I did go now, how well can the body heal.

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
First of all rape is illegal.
And you can ask for immediate help from the authorities.
You can go to the ER now and have them check you out and get you set up with social services, and get maximal resources directed to you.

To answer your question...the body can heal up to a certain point...if you keep degenerating then of course you wind up in the ICU to be fed, as one example.
Even then the body can heal, but it takes much longer and more effort.

So, yes if you leave now you can heal and it is going to take less time than if you stay.

There is the danger if you keep on in this direction of going over the edge, past the point of no return.....for example a heart rhythm problem developing from not eating and then causing a life threatening situation.

So....right now you have time one your side, you should use it, leave, get help and heal.

Let me know if you have further questions. Just use reply if you are not done.

Please rate one of the positive ratings: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience: Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.