Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Im 52 and on blood pressure medicine but everything is under

I'm 52 and on blood pressure medicine but everything is under control. My Dr. Has prescribed Viagra for me but they are so expensive . May I use herbal remadies like naturaly huge

Greetings Dennis.

I saw the ingredients of the Naturally huge pill on this link;

http://www.getnaturallyhuge.com/naturally-huge-ingredients.html

Not all of these have been scientifically studied for their adverse effects and drug interactions with the blood pressure medications. So ideal thing would be to avoid it. If you want to use it, your should be very cautious to look for any side effect like dizziness, headache, nausea etc. Any symptom would prohibit its use. Your doctor should also know that you are using them instead of Viagra.

Apart from the drug interaction issue and safety in the high blood pressure; the other important aspect of these herbal medication is efficacy. The evidences of their effect is anecdotal and there are no scientific double blind randomized controlled studies for their efficacy. So a slight apprehension on this aspect also is a consideration.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are there any herbals I can use
Hello Dennis,

Which medicine are you taking for blood pressure?

Dennis,

Here is an authentic link from the Mayoclinic for the various herbs and their effects / adverse effects;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/erectile-dysfunction-herbs/MC00064/METHOD=print

Also read this research study which conclude;

Six electronic databases were searched to identify all relevant systematic reviews (SRs). Their methodological quality was assessed independently by two reviewers using the Oxman score. Four SRs met our inclusion criteria. They evaluated: acupuncture, ginseng, maca and yohimbine.Cautiously positive conclusions were drawn for yohimbine and ginseng as treatment options for ED.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21782365

It is privilege assisting you.