Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I have a drug test for a job at a hospital tomorrow morning

I have a drug test for a job at a hospital tomorrow morning and I have smoked marijuana in the last 30 days. I am a very light and occasional smoker, maybe one small joint in the evening, but I smoked for a week straight, the last being 9 days ago. I've tested several at home tests and have gotten an extremely faint line indicating a negative result. The tests mention that ANY line is a negative result but I've also red that a white line, also known as a "ghost line" indicates a preliminary positive result. It's honestly hard to tell if the line is a faint pink or white line. I've been drinking large amounts of water off and on for the last week but am not sure if I should go through with the test tomorrow or try to postpone for a few more days. Any suggestions? Is it possible for a light smoker to test clean in ten days? Before smoking for a week straight, I hadn't smoked in maybe three or four months.

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

Maximum time for detection of marijuana in the urine is about two weeks.

Dr. R. Bora :

Although, it may not be detected after a week , depending on your liver enzyme activity...

Dr. R. Bora :

But I would advise you to post pone the drug days fora few days, till you complete 2 weeks.....

Dr. R. Bora :

Please use the reply button...

Dr. R. Bora :

Should I switch to question and answer format.?

Customer:

I'm considering the possibility that postponing may raise suspicion. Do you think diluting would help?

Customer:

and you said maximum time, did you mean minimum?

Dr. R. Bora :

Yes, it will help in excretion....you can take as much water as possible before you get the formal test done....

Dr. R. Bora :

Some marijuana are stored in body fat and have a elimination half-life of 10 to 13 days. Most researchers agree that urine tests for marijuana can detect the presence of the drug in the body for up to 13 days.

Dr. R. Bora :

Please remember to rate me excellent service (or 4 or 3 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.We only receive credit for answering your question with a positive rating.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

Customer:

thank you